Chiang Mai’s Nakhonping Hospital has issued a warning to men seeking penis enlargement treatments after a disturbing incident involving a Burmese man who used a steel ring in an attempt to enhance his size.
In a recent Facebook post by the hospital, it was revealed that a 29-year-old Burmese man had placed a steel ring around the base of his penis for a week, mistakenly believing it would lead to enlargement. Unfortunately, this misguided action resulted in serious complications. The man’s private organ became swollen, discoloured, and developed an infected wound filled with pus.
Due to the swelling, the man was unable to remove the ring and sought immediate medical attention at Nakhonping Hospital. Luckily, a skilled urological surgeon named Praphon Piamanan successfully removed the ring by carefully cutting it. The patient is currently receiving hospital care and is expected to remain there for several days for proper wound healing.
Praphon expressed deep concern about the prevalent myths surrounding penis enlargement methods. He emphasized that wearing rings or resorting to various tools and medicines can have severe consequences, including permanent loss of sexual function, tissue death (necrosis), or infection due to compromised blood circulation. In extreme cases, amputation may be necessary.
Highlighting the accessibility of these dubious enlargement methods through both offline and online channels, Praphon underscored the risks involved. He cited cases where individuals have injected oils or inserted beads under their genital skin, leading to infections, tissue decay, and potentially life-threatening septicemia.
In a separate incident reported last year, a 51-year-old Thai man named Tham sought medical help after his friend injected him with an unspecified medicine, claiming it would enhance his size. The friend claimed to have learned this technique during his time in prison and had performed it on numerous acquaintances. Intrigued, Tham agreed to receive two injections.
Tham later revealed that the friend had purchased a cream-based medicine from a local pharmacy, which was boiled to convert it into a liquid form before being injected into Tham’s genitalia. Within days, he experienced severe swelling and excruciating pain. Lacking the necessary funds for proper treatment, Tham urged others to refrain from self-injection without appropriate medical advice.
It is crucial for individuals to seek professional guidance and avoid engaging in risky practices driven by misinformation or desperation. The hospital urges everyone to prioritize their health and consult qualified medical experts instead of resorting to unverified methods that may have irreversible consequences.